The area around The Antlers Inn provides a variety of options for recreation. We’ve included links to help you plan your time here. This publication will give you a few ideas of what's around. 101 Fun Things to do in the Highland Lakes
The Antlers location on the water gives you plenty to do without leaving the property: kayaks, a pedal boat or rowboat are available for use. Fish off the pier, or just sit in the shade on the dock. Bring your boat or watercraft to enjoy the constant level of Lake LBJ or find a rental to have some fun.
• Kingsland Community Park. Follow Williams St off of 1431 to the water. There is a public boat launch here. Map
• Lake LBJ Marina at Granite Beach offers boat and watercraft rentals.
• Wave Chasers, located just across the railroad tracks offers boat and watercraft rentals locally.
• CR 3404 off 1431 will take you to the favorite local spot called “The Slab.” Fishing, family fun, and shallow pools to help you cool off on a hot summer day.
• Splash Boat Rentals in Kingsland can cool you off on a hot Summer day!
• Vanishing Texas River Cruise is a 2-hour scenic wilderness cruise on Lake Buchanan.
• Worry B Gone Cruises will do everything for you. Pick up/ drop off at The Antlers lakeshore. A guided tour of Lake LBJ by a long time resident of the area.
•Fly Hangar 13 based in San Antonio is a full service helicopter adventure, from aerial sightseeing, to wild hog hunting.
Vineyards and Wineries
The Texas Hill Country has numerous wineries. Just a 20-minute drive from The Antlers Inn, or venture a little further out to Fredericksburg, Texas. Bring a bottle back to enjoy in your suite or cabin!
• Perissos Vineyards and Winery is just around the corner from The Antlers Inn
• Torr Na Lochs Vineyard is just a few miles away from The Antlers Inn. It provides scenic views of the Hill Country as well as some delicious wines!
• Flat Creek Estate is located in Marble Falls just a short drive away
• Fall Creek Vineyards near Lake Buchanan
• Spicewood Vineyards located outside of Marble Falls
Great golf can be found here as well. Contact the course directly for tee availability.
• The Legends Golf Course is right across the lake from The Antlers and just around the corner on CR 2342
• Lighthouse Country Club is just around another corner on Club Circle
• Hidden Falls Golf Course nearby in Marble Falls
If hiking or parks are more to your liking? There is plenty of that available in the area.
• Balcones Canyonlands Trails in the Canyonlands
• Longhorn Caverns State Park Longhorn Caverns history will surprise you. 10 minutes from The Antlers Inn. CR 2342 turn right onto Park Rd 4
• Inks Lake State Park just around the corner CR 2342 turn left onto Park Rd 4